Tuesday 20 October 2015

Composition in Collage #2



 This is my version of the collage I had previously mentioned on the collage composition post. I used pen and pencils for cross=hatching which were to make the black parts to old and tattered just like in the original. I made it using card and papers but then afterwards I realised that the original was made as a big 3D stand. To improve this, I should also make it bigger as well as 3D.




The woven word collage, I chose to use Nepalese newspaper for this since the original artist used Spanish(?), a language other than English for their weave. Since the font size was so small, I had trouble cutting it straight and weaving it together, next time I should choose bigger fonts and also use craft knife to cut it straighter if possible. Also, I tried to take the photo with the same shadow position as in the original artist's, it was quite hard to do so as you can see. I should find a way to prop up the woven words so the shadows can be seen easier when taking photos.




On this piece, I chose a mix of Japanese text and Nepalese texts to create a scenario. I used a pale sides of the Nepalese newspaper so the contrast between the green bush and the wall was greater. Allowing easier focus on the stronger colours. I used pencil crayon to create a brown colour fading out at the top but I think I could have used better medium  like coffee stains or watercolour.


I cut up photos I got to smaller size, about same to the post it note size. The original piece used post-it a lot so I tried to use the post it notes as well. Turns out some of the photo they had used for drawings and paintings as well. Next time I reattempt this style, I should try painting as well and also use my theme of "Culture/Festival". The post-it notes were also a terrible colour, like bright yellow, I need to choose another colour or use paint to dilute the yellow.


No comments:

Post a Comment