Friday 30 October 2015

Collage with still life object




I ripped up newspaper to lay it down as the background for my collage piece.

Then I applied emulsion. 

 I peeled off some newspapers.

 Then I applied emulsion again to fade out the newspaper print, some of them had black fonts which would be too dark to see my drawing on.


I drew my Buddha statue on to the collage using charcoal. Later on I had to use hair spray so the charcoal does not rub off.

With the peeled newspapers, I used them to create another collage;
 I placed together all the peeled newspaper into another paper.

I applied another layer of emulsion.

I tried to draw the Buddha statue on the newspaper but since there are a lot of bumps, it was more difficult to draw the statue in an uneven surface. So, the charcoal drawing isn't very visible or accurate on this collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment