Friday 15 January 2016

Photoshopping



These are the collection of photographs I took using the College's Photography camera Canon.
I chose to focus on Action, Rule Of Thirds and Leading Lines. The first picture is Action, I took the picture as the model flipped her hair. The two pictures in the centre are Leading Lines, the corridor ceiling and the railings leads the viewer around the photo. The bottom photo is the Rule of Thirds, the model is posing on the 2/3 line, this position allows the viewer to be more intimate with the photo.
I used Photoshop to change the lighting of the photos, I tried to make each of the photo have low contrast to create a soft tone. The photo on the left side of the middle section has high contrast and sharp tone, this was done to create a darker atmosphere for the corridor compared to the outdoors photo on it right side.


I used the top image and the left side of the middle section image to create a new image, I thought these two would be suitable because they were taken in the same room, making it easier to edit the two photos into one.
Layer 1 = Female model
Layer 2 = Model walking down the corridor.
I changed the opacity of the image with the male model to 60% and applied masking to it. I began to use the brush to cover Layer 2. I changed the size of Layer 2's image so it would look more natural, the model needed to look small enough to fit the corridor and big enough to be identifiable.

Finished product: I fused together two images to create an image of a ghost walking down the corridor.

No comments:

Post a Comment